Happy long weekend to those of you in the U.S.! We hope you're getting some time to relax and rejuvenate before heading into the week.
Since we all know the importance of self-care, or at least that it’s a buzzy thing we think we're interested in, we thought we'd take this holiday occasion to share some of our favorite ways to incorporate some self-love into your day.
1. Go for a walk outside and leave your phone behind
2. Use your commute time to listen to music or a podcast—something for pleasure, not for work!
3. Knit or create something with your hands. (Or learn to knit!)
4. Hula hoop
5. Play music, or learn a musical instrument
6. Have a solo dance party to your favorite song
7. Have a solo karaoke party to your favorite song
8. Use a meditation app to take 5 minutes to focus on your breathing
9. Spend 12 minutes in a restorative pose (yes, 12!).
10. Treat yourself to a prop that helps you remember to relax.
11. Make yourself a mocktail or a small treat and focus on the sensations and pleasure in drinking or eating.
12. Move your social media apps to the last page on your phone, or delete them entirely.
13. Call a friend.
14. Read a book, a real, paper book, for pleasure, not for work.
15. Look at art, and get a new dose of creativity.
And that’s just the beginning. Do one now, or share your favorite way to chill out in the comments.
You might also like...
I’ve been borderline obsessed with capsule wardrobes for a while. I want my wardrobe to be a capsule so, so badly. I mean, just look at this…
Every year we try to do something in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. After all, pink is our color, and our community is 99% women. W…
Stay in touch
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to stay up
to date on the latest in our community!