Fall marks a change in season and in turn, a change in our everyday routines. Long summer days are coming to an end and regular schedules are beginning, and that shift can be challenging. Even if you worked all summer long, evenings and weekends were packed with activities and every hot day felt like you were on vacation. For most of us, the overall, laid-back mindset of summer can be hard to let go.
When FIT & Flirty launched their new line of fitness apparel last month, it was a BIG celebration – a celebration of life, fitness, and balance. It gave me a resurgence of energy to create a structure of what I want this fall to look like for me. And of course, I couldn’t have done it without all my Sweat Pink sisters. I was completely floored by how FIT & Flirty inspired everyone to talk about the importance of balance and well-being, which in my mind, are essential when trying to stay accountable as we shift into a new season or routine.
After getting so excited about the new FIT & Flirty line and inspired by what our Sweat Pink community had to say, we pulled together a list of five tips to stay accountable this fall. This list is universal so apply it to fitness, work, relationships, building your brand, and whatever you need.
5 Tips To Stay Accountable This Fall
1. Create a plan. Whether it’s a meal plan or a content calendar or a workout schedule, you need a plan if you’re going to follow through with any of your intentions this season.
Jen from Burpees for Breakfast is a constant inspiration when it comes to fitness, work-life balance, and style. Her new post inspired us to brainstorm and write down what and how we want to implement in our lives this season. Making a plan of action is a great first step to staying accountable.
2. Turn your actions into habits. Repeat, repeat, repeat the things you want to become habitual.
Tiara from Ice Cream and French Fries is turning fitness into a family habit – family walks, bike rides, and hikes, plus setting a good example of consistent exercising has helped create her fit little family! Looking at your plan, what do you want to be habitual?
3. Cultivate balance. If you’re working non-stop without breaks, you’re likely to crash. If you’re so restrictive with your workouts, you might miss out on family or friend time. The thing is, without some enjoyment, a very strict plan might not be sustainable for you.
Noelle from Running With Bubbas say that being healthy doesn’t mean you’re depriving yourself of things you enjoy. For her, those can have physical and mental repercussions. Treat yourself when you feel like it and find time to do the things you enjoy to bring balance to your fitness and health routine.
4. Find what works for YOU. The plan or regime that you’ve created might not work perfectly the first time, and that’s okay. Pick out what isn’t working for you and just replace it. There is no way to know what’s going to work until you try it. There isn’t a one-for-all productivity or life plan. Choose things you enjoy, that are challenging, and that you want to be a part of your life.
5. Celebrate it all, every day. Celebrate your health and your life every single day. There is no prerequisite that you have to complete a project or finish a really hard workout in order to celebrate YOU. Take a moment and just say, “Great job being your best self, today. Keep it up!”
Alyse from AlyseMB gave us the great reminder to say “Cheers” to this moment right now. Being more present and enjoying every moment can help you cultivate more gratitude for everything you have in our life right now. For us, gratitude equals happiness and we feel much more inspired and accountable with those positive vibes. We’ll definitely raise our glasses to that!
As we bid adieu to summer, let’s be thankful for an amazing season and cheers to a new season of health and balance in our lives!
And be sure you add a few pieces of the new FIT & Flirty line to your fall wardrobe. You’ll get the cutest tanks and tees that not only inspire fun sweat-sessions, but that also inspire balance and celebration in your everyday life!
Head over to the FIT & Flirty shop and use the code SWEATPINK21 at checkout for 15% off! (Offer expires 9.15.18).
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by FIT & Flirty. All opinions are my own. I truly appreciate all the brands that support the Sweat Pink community!