Its been exactly two months and 10 days since I published a post about the 30 things I wanted to accomplish before my 30th birthday (thank you Avid Appetite for inspiring me!) so naturally its time for an update on my progress.
Only 5 months remain until my 30th….and here’s my original list with a few updates:
1. Run 100 miles. I’ve finished enough 50 milers and one 62 miler to know that I can do this if I really put my mind to it. This is my year and this is my RACE. The race is scheduled. The training?!? Well, let’s just say I’m kind of “starting.” EEK!
2. Get a dog. It really seems like the world is against me getting a dog. 🙁
3. Get through ONE annoying phone call (whether a sales person, telemarketer, election people or a certain someone – you know who you are) without frowning or grumbling when I get off the call. This will be more difficult than it may seem. I can proudly say, I DID IT. I seriously did it. I had to call the SFMTA to deal with some parking tickets that I had contested and was transferred about 6 times. I totally held my cool, smiled through the whole thing and didn’t once grumble, get frustrated or even let out a long sigh. Patting myself on the back…. 4. Organize my kitchen. I’m a food nerd and from my refridge -A-GATOR (that’s how my niece says it, so I’m stickin to it) to my cupboards, its an absolute nightmare. It’s official – I DID it. The move totally inspired me to just get er done!
5. Make plans and schedule trips to visit distant (but wonderful) friends in LA, Portland, NYC and elsewhere. A plan for a Portland visit happens this month and LA is scheduled for September. 😉 YAY!
6. Master breathing techniques learned in yoga school to thwart off any bad energy, long lines, annoying people, or even stressful situations. I have used them and done pretty well with this overall. But I wouldn’t say I’ve mastered them.
7. Grow my business. Get closer to the long-term goal. Ok, so this one is a bit vague but I’ll know real progress when I see it. Feeling REALLY good about this one. Can’t say much about it yet. But weeeeeeeeeeee…things are happenin!
8. Teach at least one yoga class per week. Not yet…may have to change this to TAKE one yoga class per week. I’ve been so busy, my own practice has suffered!
9. Take a long weekend trip with my mama. Just us. Somewhere fab. We haven’t done this since 2007. Way, way beyond overdue. Working on it!
10. Learn how to use MindBody Software. Seriously, I struggle. Since my business partner went on vacation, I feel like I now OWN this. 11. Go one full week without misplacing my keys. BOOM. I haven’t lost my keys in weeks! So so so proud of myself.
12. Be a better communicator. And I don’t mean that I need to connect or talk more because clearly I don’t need any help with that. But I could communicate better. Ask more questions. Express emotion. And listen more. A definite work in progress but I’m getting there.
13. Have an actual backseat in my car. Seriously, I need to find a way to store my bootcamp equipment so people can actually sit in the backseat of my car. Eeek, this one worries me a little. I don’t know that I know what to do about this situation!
14. Learn to use a proper wallet. A rubberband is NOT a wallet. Still working on this one. 😉
15. Perfect my handstand. I really really want to be like her. Work in progress! Taking small steps…but steps nonetheless.
16. Surf more. I really like surfing…the few times I’ve done it, I’ve really enjoyed it. I live near water. Why not surf more? I’ve at least made plans with one of my bootcampers to do more SUP. Now I just need to find someone who will surf with me. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
17. Take an aerials class. Been dying to do this for years now. Any reccos on where to take one? I haven’t even started looking for a class.
18. Get a cover for my iPhone. I DID get a cover for my iPhone (thanks to my buddy John)….BUT I also DID drop and bust my iPhone only two days prior.
19. Make the perfect vegan cupcake. Who has a birthday coming up?
20. Wear lotion regularly. I’ve always aspired to be the girl that puts on lotion every single day. Like right out of the shower. And I’ve never been able to be her. But I’d still like to try. I imagine she smells nice and has super soft hands. I’m still struggling with this one. Big time. I still can’t even remember to put on deodorant every day. Oops.
21. Read a book about seahorses. I’m kind of obsessed. Any recommendations? Still looking for book reccos.
22. Smile at a stranger every day – just cause smiles are nice. I’m still doing this every single day and loving it!
23. Tell someone how I feel once a week. Even if its just to tell them that they make me happy. I’ve been working on this one and feeling pretty good about it!
24. Get a mattress that fits on my boxspring or a boxspring that is big enough for my mattress. Oh, and a duvet cover that fits my comforter. Ok, so I think I just want a bed where everything fits. BOOM! I now have a boxspring that fits the bedframe and a mattress that fits the boxspring. I also have a duvet cover that fits my duvet AND my mattress. AMAZING. 😉 The move totally helped me get there!
25. Call my brother more. Facetime with my niece. Tell them I miss them and love them more. Making progress. My niece and I Facetimed the other week and she read me 3 books in Espanol. Love how smart and amazing she is!!!
26. Learn to be more punctual…or at least when it really matters. I’d like to be the one waiting on others once in awhile. I’m getting so much better about this.
27. Make pull-ups look easy. I want to look Christmas card ready and bust out 10 or more. Got a pull-up bar in the apartment now — its only a matter of time.
28. Make it to the aquarium again. I love sea creatures. So much. This is happening. A new exhibit opens soon!!
29. Forgive someone. Even if they don’t forgive me back. Done. I won’t even go into specifics on it. But let’s just say, I’ve moved on…forgive, forget and all that remains is love and understanding.
30. Spend one whole day offline, away from my phone, and just completely shut down. EEEK! Not even close!