We had a blast hosting our FIRST Facebook live video Friday on Fit Approach. It was so awesome to take our Friday Five Live, and share our 5 favorite HIIT & Flow moves created by our very own founder, Jamie King! We’re so happy so many of you joined us live in action to HIIT it off with a bang!
HIIT & Flow
Our team LOVES taking and teaching HIIT & Flow at Flex & Flow, in Portland, and it was such an honor to share it with our sweat pinkers all over the world! HIIT & Flow combines the cardio moves of High Intensity Interval Training with the stretching and balancing yoga positions. It’s always a heart pumping, muscle burning, and sweat-dripping experience. It complements our running and yoga practice, building the much needed strength and endurance to go the extra mile or take the extra vinyasa!
You can join in on the #sweatpink fun and do these 5 HIIT moves anywhere. Grab your gliders (paper or plastic plates work too!) and let’s just started. Feel free to take modifications and amplifications to make these moves work for you.
Remember the most important part of this workout is our intervals (20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest between each round). This style of workout helps you increase your metabolism and will keep your body in fat burning mode well past dinner!
Five (5) HIIT Moves to Add to Your Daily Workout Routine!
Workout 1: Mountain Climbers (4 rounds, 20 secs each round, 10 sec rest)
- Start in high plank, toes on your gliders.
- Draw your right knee to the outside of your right tricep.
- Push your right toes back as you squeeze your left knee to your left tricep.
- Keep movement as fluid as possible.
- Repeat for the full 20 seconds.
Workout 2: Plank Jacks: (4 rounds, 20 secs each round, 10 sec rest)
- Start in high plank with your feet on the gliders.
- Draw the feet out wide, and then back together. Use your outer hip strength to bring your legs wide, and inner thigh strength to draw your legs together.
- Keep the torso and upper body stable, only your legs move.
- Option to modify with one leg drawing out and in at a time. OR come down onto the forearms to give the wrists a break.
- To amplify take a chaturanga push-up when legs draw back together for plank pose.
Workout 3: Side Lunge – Curtsy (4 rounds, 20 secs each round, 10 sec rest)
- Begin in Chair pose, with feet on your gliders, and hands at heart center.
- Weight in your right foot, draw your left leg out to the left, bend deep into your right knee and sink your hips back into a squat.
- Draw your left foot back in and then slide it behind your right leg, diagonally. bend deep into your right knee and sink your hips back into a squat.
- Scoop your lower belly in and keep your chested lifted over the hips.To modify, extend your legs out a little less and lessen the bend in your standing leg.
- To amplify, add movement in the arms. Arms open out on the side lunge. Move the arms in when legs draws in, and back out with curtsy lunge.
Workout 4: a FFY Favorite – LEMON SQUEEZERS! (4 rounds, 20 secs each round, 10 sec rest)
- Start in boat pose with your toes on the ground, fingertips light on your gliders. Lift through your heart, maintain a long spine.
- Inhale as you lower your back toward the floor and reach your hands out to the side or on the diagonal.
- Exhale as lift your chest back up and draw your hands back to start position. Draw your lower belly in to lift you back to center.
- If you need to amplify, lift your shins parallel to the floor and keep legs lifted as you lower and lift the chest. If you need to amplify even more extend the legs to hover off the ground as you lower your upper body down.
Workout 5: Childs Pose > Chatty Pushups! WHOOOOO SO HARD! (4 rounds, 20 secs each round, 10 sec rest)
- Start in child’s pose on your toes. Push your heels into one another, and hover your shins over the ground.
- Push off of the balls of your feet, draw your belly to your spine and push your upper body forward to land in a chatarunga push-up position – elbows squeezed by your sides.
- Squeeze your core in as you pull your upper body back to return to child’s pose.
- Option to use your gliders underneath the hands or not!
[Tweet “What an awesome, sweaty time at the @fitapproach Facebook #fridayfivelive! #FFYHIITYoga #sweatpink”]
As a special bonus, we hosted a HIIT & Flow/Sweat Pink swag giveaway, asking you all to do the HIIT workout, post a picture on Instagram, and tag all the tags: #hiitandflow #sweatpink @FitApproach! We’ve chosen two given away some new FFY/ Sweat pink gear to one lucky winners of this awesome giveaway!
HUGE shout out to Ms. Ann Kingston of Washington, DC for getting her HIIT on and breaking a sweat with us!
All the love to our second winner, Chance Poe of Albuquerque, New Mexico! Chance rocked those glute-burning curtsy lunges!
We hope you guys are as sweaty as we are! Thanks for working out with us on Facebook LIVE – we cannot wait to have you join us THIS Friday at 1:30 pm EST. Our very own Jamie King will be coming to you live to chat all things Friday Five LIVE: 5 Ways to Stay Healthy During the Holidays.
We’ll always post here after to keep you in the loop with all things Facebook Live! See you next week! XO Sweaties!
[Tweet “Can’t wait for the @fitapproach Facebook #fridayfivelive with @jamiekingfit on 11/11 at 10:30am PST! #sweatpink “]