Beauty isn’t about donning designer clothes, having a certain haircut, or wearing makeup. Beauty comes from self-awareness, confidence, and happiness!
I believe inner beauty is beauty in it’s truest form. When we nurture ourselves, it brings an inevitable, positive transformation. – Paula Abdul
I can’t even lie. Yes, dressing up in high heels and putting makeup on can make me feel beautiful. But as I’ve gotten older I truly am starting to grasp what we are trying to teach our girls today. That beauty comes from truly knowing yourself and being confident and comfortable with that. That beauty comes from feeling good.
Some of my most “beautiful” moments of late have been when I’ve been in yoga clothes sweaty after a class with my hair piled on top of my head in a messy bun and in a bikini at the beach with sand in my hair and sunscreen coating my skin. Both of those “outfits” aren’t about trying to make someone else see me as beautiful. In both of those scenarios, I felt truly happy and healthy. And that radiates outward!
Taking care of myself and feeling good about me are the best ways to feel happy, healthy, and beautiful! And that takes work. It’s not one product you can put in your hair, or an accessory to pick up at Nordstrom, or a certain number of times you’ve gotten hit on.
So what makes me happy?
- Sweat. Call me crazy, but I love the way I look after a yoga class or run when I’m drenched in sweat and flushed in the cheeks. My hair might be crazy, I may be a little smelly, my mascara may be smeared, and my clothes might be a little wet from sweat, but I think it really shows that I feel that endorphin rush post-workout, that I feel happy.
- Rest. It’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason. Get those zzzz’s in!
- Healthy eating. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good ice cream and french fries binge. But I don’t always love how I feel the next day. Having a general habit of eating healthy, balanced meals keeps my tummy and body happy, which keeps me in a happier mood. (Disclaimer: I’m in NO way saying give up ice cream or french fries. Just making a mental note that binging on it every night doesn’t keep me feeling great. 😉 )
- Drinking healthy. Same thing goes for what I drink. We’ve all been there, and we’ve all had the “uuuggghhh” feeling the next day. So drinking more water, attempting to sub out tea for coffee every now and then, and drinking alcohol with moderation are all great ways to keep feeling good.
- Drinking beautifully! Not only can we drink healthy and smart (see above), but we can drink beauty. Water is the best way to keep skin glowing and clear, not to mention staying hydrated and feeling healthy. Add in Amazing Grass’s new Beauty Elixir? So beautiful! This elixir is an herb blend containing chaga, hibiscus flower, Indian gooseberry (amla fruit), aloe vera, maqui, yumberry, camu camu, lucuma and blueberry juice with 100 percent DV plant-based biotin to support radiant skin, nails and hair! Get your glow on! Get 40% off Amazing Grass products with the code sweatpink2017!
What are you favorite ways to stay happy and healthy? When do you feel most beautiful?
Tune in to the conversation on Instagram! Here’s a sneak peek:
- Monday, October 2: What is the one thing that always makes you feel beautiful? Go ahead, brag a little, put a smile on your face because it’s Monday and you need it! When we need a little beauty boost, we sip on our favorite plant-based #elixir powder from @AmazingGrass. Beauty starts from within. This delicious blend contains chaga, hibiscus flower, Indian gooseberry (amla fruit), aloe vera, maqui, yumberry, camu camu, lucuma and blueberry juice with 100 percent DV plant-based biotin to support radiant skin, nails and hair! #feelamazingeveryday #elixirsquad #beauty #sweatpink #sweatpinkpartner @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, October 4: We glow a little brighter and feel a little more beautiful, when we feel AMAZING! Feel more amazing today with this dynamic duo from @amazinggrass: add their new beauty #elixir into your morning smoothie and get a midday boost from adding their Green Superfoods Effervescent to a glass of water. Boom, look at you sparkle! #elixirsquad #beauty #sweatpink #feelamazingeveryday #sweatpinkpartner #ad
- Friday, October 6: Hey girl, you’re radiant! Show us what makes you glow – your smile, your strength, your smarts – and don’t forget to try the @AmazingGrass Green Superfood Effervescent to help you glow from the inside, out. Each tab contains 30 antioxidant rich superfoods that will support your biggest organ – your lovely skin! Just drop in a glass of water and enjoy! #dropfizzfeelamazing #feelamazingeveryday #sweatpink #sweatpinkpartner @FitApproach #ad
In partnership with Amazing Grass. Thanks to all the brands that help us feel healthy, amazing, and beautiful!
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished inRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in