What a week it’s been. Our hearts go out to our community and all those affected by Harvey, by the earthquake, and those who are anticipating Irma. Please stay safe, and if you’re able, please help in any way you can: by donating, volunteering, offering shelter, and more.
I’ll confess, sometimes it feels frivolous to be writing about fitness when our friends in Houston, Florida, the Caribbean, and Mexico are contending with a firehose of natural disasters that just won’t quit.
I was chatting about that disconnect with a friend yesterday—about how it feels hard to focus on work when there is so much happening out there—and she said, I hear you, but exercise is also the best way for me to recalibrate and bring more energy to lending a hand to those in need. It’s essential.
She’s right, of course. Putting our lives on hold does Harvey and Irma’s victims no good. Taking care of ourselves is essential for taking care of others, in whatever capacity we’re able to. And connecting with the community is a bright spot in a week full of devastating news.
Here’s what’s keeping our hearts full and our bodies moving this week:
- Sandra’s post about trail running sources inspiration from across the Sweat Pink community and it’s one of those posts that gets you itching to get out and GO, right now.
- Coffee, coffee, coffee. I could never get tired of talking about coffee. #seewhatIdidthere?
- When enough is enough. A beautiful, vulnerable post from Gracious Warrior Princess.
- This post about showing love made us melt.
- As if you needed an excuse to take a vacation.
- Here’s a much sweeter version of Harvey & Irma
Happy Friday, friends! Wishing you all a safe, dry, and healthy weekend.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished inRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in