Hello there! From trying a new move in my aerials class to getting back into running, this week has gotten me out of my comfort zone in some serious (and seriously motivating) ways. Today is also my dad’s birthday, and I can’t wait to celebrate with him this weekend. I think the plans include sketch comedy and hot dogs.
Looking back, there’s been a lot to love this week. Some of my favorite things are:
- This story about a sick boy and his dog broke my heart and healed it, all at once. I have a Malinois who used to be a search and rescue dog, so this felt extra special.
[Cue the gratuitous dog photo. I’m one of those unapologetic, photo-sharing dog-moms.]
- This image, originally seen on Khushboo’s blog. Hi, my name is Alyse and I am a wino.
- Almond butter on a spoon, topped with chocolate-covered cacao nibs. This has been one of those weeks when I want something sweet after EVERY MEAL, and this combo has helped keep me satisfied.
- Skinny Runner’s poop post had me dying of laughter. In case you missed it, we’ve been doing some chatting about digestion around here, too, thanks to the GoodBelly challenge.
- This saffron chickpea almond soup knocked my socks off. I’m so glad I was too lazy to pack my lunch and ended up discovering this soup. Must find recipe. NOW.
Any highlights from your week? How about some gratuitous pet photos? 🙂