In less than a week, we’ll be at BlogFest! We’ll be sweating, laughing, selfie-taking, and talking all things social media together oh-so-soon!
The number one thing I stress about for something like this (because I’m SO excited for everything there’s not much to stress about!) is packing! What do `you bring when you’ll be sweating a TON, in California heat but in a convention center, dressing up a night or two, and maybe trying to fit it all in a carry-on bag? Here are five (ok, actually five + a bonus item) things I’m not getting on my LA-bound plane without!
- Workout Clothes – Uh, duh. Yeah, this one is a pretty obvious one. It takes a little thought though. The AC is cold, but the sunshine is hot. We’ll be in and out of workouts and sessions all day. So packing plenty of changes of clothes is key! Even packing quick-dry items that can be washed out in the hotel room sink!
- Versatile Clothes – This is my fit-it-all-in-a-carry-on secret! Pack those tops that you can wear to dinner with jeans or a skirt the night before and then to a workout the next day! Workout clothes have never looked so good as they do right now. So rock it!
- A jacket/sweatshirt – As previously mentioned, the AC in the convention center will be cold, and we’ll be sweating off and on all day. That’s an automatic recipe for the chills. Tossing a lightweight hoodie into my bag for the day is so necessary!
- Snacks – Ain’t nobody got time for that! “That” being getting hungry or hangry. Carrying bars, fruit, and other eat-on-the-go foods is going to keep you going through a long and active day! I love bars, dried mangoes, Bob’s Red Mill and Amazing Grass protein powders.
- Rolling ball – This easy-to-pack ball (versus a full-sized foam roller) will ensure I’ll be able roll out muscles tired and sore from workouts and travel. No more fanny fatigue and hip flexor tightness! Trigger Point even has travel-sized rollers if that’s the sensation you prefer.
BONUS: My bonus item I almost always pack for a trip is a bikini! There tends to always be a pool / beach / hot tub where you go, so why not toss it in?! Better to have it than not have it. And it’s not as if it takes up that much room, right? 😉
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Tweet “I’m so excited for #blogfest! Can’t wait to sweat and #selfie it up with all my #sweatpink pals! @fitapproach #ideaworld @ideafit “]
Some team highlights from last year, and building excitement for this year!