Last week was a pretty epic week in the world of Chef Liz. I cooked almost every day last week!
The truth is, I’m not much of a chef. It’s not that I can’t cook, because when I do cook, it usually turns out well. I guess it’s really a choice. My main reasons (ahem, excuses) for not cooking are the following:
- Cooking for a party of one just isn’t nearly as fun as cooking with family, friends or a significant other
- And if I do cook for myself, I ALWAYS have leftovers but I don’t have a microwave which makes enjoying them the next day that much harder. I know there are other ways to heat food, but my stove is legit from the 50’s, and it can get… interesting, to say the least
- I have a busy and varying schedule each week, which makes it hard to set aside time to cook
- I don’t know about you, but I just don’t cooking to be all that relaxing. For me, it truly just feels like a chore
- And since I live in Portland, and delicious, cheap takeout abounds everywhere, I tend to opt out of said chore!
But last week I didn’t just buy my usual salad fixings, yogurt, and fruit. I bought ingredients for stir fries, rice bowls, and tacos. And a dozen Eggland’s Best eggs.
Now, let’s talk motivation. For one, I’m constantly surrounded by amazing cooks. Jamie and Nic are the queens of tacos! And they always make it look so easy and delicious!
Jamie’s birthday brunch last week got me vibing on all the eggs!
And now it’s officially fall (aka pre-winter) in Portland. Right at this moment it’s 50 degrees (but feels way colder!) and is pouring rain. I need warm, rich, comforting foods to eat while curled up in a snuggie, Netflixing it up. Season 2 Stranger Things, FTW!
I’ve made EB eggs scrambled for tacos, boiled for salads, fried for avocado toast. And I’ve gone through my repertoire many times over at this point. I’m in the cooking groove, but need some inspiration!
I’m so egg-cited about the #FallingforEB challenge this week! We’re teaming up with Eggland’s Best Eggs in search of the best recipes for fall. All week long, share your favorite fall-themed recipe that features EB eggs, tag #FallingforEB #sweatpink #egglandsbest @fitapproach @egglandsbest.
This can be a recipe you’ve already created—just re-share next week with the hashtag #FallingforEB and you’ll be auto-entered to win!
The top five recipes will be shared on Instagram Monday October 30th for the community to vote on their favorite to win!
Queue up the movie and heat up the stove, and let’s get ready for a warm, cozy fall full of kitchen inspiration.