A proper diet and fitness regimen work hand-in-hand to keep you in shape and your weight in check. Here are some tricks that can help you lose a few easy pounds over time and/or help you maintain your fitness goals.
1. Drink a gallon of water a day. It may sound crazy or you may know this already. It’s hard to drink water, especially when a sweet tea or soda is calling you. Start by drinking an extra glass a day and work your way up. A hydrated body functions better, flushes out toxins and can reduce cravings.
2. Cut out excess salt. A diet high in salt will dehydrate you, causing your body to retain water and get bloated. When bloated you can appear larger and depending on how bad it is, your clothes may fit differently.
3. Ditch fast food. Granted some fast food chains are more “natural” than others but at the end of the day it’s a temporary solution to your hunger. Fast foods can have additives, sugars and no real nutrients. It offers no nutritional value.
4. Eat your vegetables. Find ones you like and experiment with new ones. Try them all grilled, steamed, etc. include veggies at each meal. You will stay satisfied longer and get necessary fibers and vitamins.
5. Reduce sugar intake. Sugar that isn’t burned off by the body gets converted to fat and is stored by your body.
6. Get moving. Do you sit down all day at work and then sit down all day at home? Try taking walks during your lunch break, on weekends, in the morning, after dinner etc.
These changes will get you weight loss results over time and when combined with a regular fitness regimen, they will support all your hard work.
Which trick to lose weight will you try today?