I’ve been saying (and feeling) that 2015 was going to be a big year all along. I declared it the year of “No Excuses – the year where I would challenge myself both professionally and personally – and now it’s all really starting to make sense. The year has only just begun and already I’ve been making some big, bold moves.
- My first big, bold move was to chop all of my hair off. #shorthairdontcare. It was an impulse decision and I can’t tell you how freeing it is.
- My second bold move is to run another 100 miler, the Antelope Canyon 100, this weekend. In fact, I’m en route to Arizona as we speak…on the plane with two of my best buddies, Travis and Jenny and will be joined by ALYSE (yay!!!) and of course Casey tomorrow evening.
- My third big, bold move is that I finally got a puppy. I’ve been wanting a puppy for years and now I am FINALLY getting one. Next week, actually. I get to pick her up and take her to OUR new home….which leads me to the biggest, boldest move of all.
- Right on the heels of Alyse’s big news…and her move to Austin, I have some big news of my own. And no, I too am NOT pregnant.
- We’re moving to PORTLAND, OREGON! And I’m so excited, nervous, anxious, and ready for a big change…a new, fun adventure! Of course I’m also sad. It will be hard to leave so many good friends, family, California sunshine, morning runs on Crissy Field or Mt. Tam, Golden Gate bridge photo opps and my yoga community….but I think change / adventure and getting out of your comfort zone can be a really good thing so I’m embracing it with open arms. Portland, here’s a big, giant hug…comin’ atcha!
We’re moving for many reasons:
- The first being that its something my husband and I have discussed for awhile – moving to a new city, broadening our horizons, networks and experiences.
- It’s also an opportunity because let’s be honest, living in San Francisco is so expensive that if we stayed we’d live in our current apartment until we were 90 years old and unable to get up and down the three flights of stairs with our groceries and / or laundry! 😉
- We love Portland. Great food, music, wine, cheese, trail running….what’s not to love?
- My husband got a new job. So there’s that.
- Alyse moved to Austin. So a new city for us would mean more trips to cool cities in our future.
What changes aside from my location and new furry friend? Not much…I hope. 😉
Anyone in Portland who wants to run, yoga, sweat it up with me…I’m all ears. I have a few friends but not enough….
Stay sweaty friends!