The Fit Bottomed Girls have all been sharing their fitness truths this last week. From personal to hilarious, and from deeply felt to awe-inspiring, their truths have been an absolute joy to read. And, naturally, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and share my fitness truths.
So here goes!
- I am going to eat that piece of cake. If I want to, I will eat that entire cake. But doing so will be a conscious choice, not a moment of weakness. I don’t believe in deprivation, and I don’t believe in demonizing foods. I do believe in dealing with the consequences, and enjoying every last rich, moist morsel.
- Goals look different for everyone. Case in point: I am not a runner. I will complete Couch to 5K this week (!!), and I can jog about as well as an injured turtle. But that’s an achievement for me, as much as a half-marathon may be for you.
- I have injuries and/or problems with my body. I perhaps can’t do as many pushups as you can, but don’t you dare think I’m being lazy or not trying hard enough.
- There are peaks and valleys to my fitness activities, and to my eating habits. I’m not one of those people who make a change and keep it that way for life. Setbacks are part of the journey – and I do what I can to embrace them.
- Even though I love the way yoga makes my body feel, I still have to talk myself into every. single. class. And I bust out those powers of persuasion two times a week, at least.
Those are my fitness truths – care to share yours?