Move over blueberry muffins! Make way for our spring-inspired orange, chocolate, and chia protein muffins. They’re not only bursting with aromatic flavor but are also packed with protein (thanks to NOW Foods chia seeds and NOW Foods Organic Plant Protein).
These muffins are perfect for a sunny spring morning spent lazing around on your porch with coffee, post-run, or even as the star of your next brunch.
Orange, Chocolate, and Chia Protein Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping scoop of NOW Organic Plant Protein Powder (chocolate flavor)
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk (I used Oat Milk)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, zest, orange juice, milk
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir chia seeds into the batter.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!
Bring on the brunching with friends and do tag us when you make this recipe!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by NOW Foods.