We’re working harder than ever to reach our goals. Heavier weights, faster miles, longer distances. And y’all are just crushing it with your motivation to get after it.
Coupled with this increase in hard work is the increase in stress we’re putting on our physical bodies. So while sweat sessions can do wonders for clearing stress from your mind and helping you reach your goals, they can also have stressful side effects of joint degeneration and general fatigue.
What can you do to help yourself recover from these physical stresses right now?
One word: collagen
Collagen is a unique protein in our bodies that works to heal and promote growth in the joints, bones, digestive system, blood vessels, and skin. Over time our bodies begin to lose the ability to replenish this protein and thus lose the ability to regenerate the tissues and cells in the body.
The Recovery Tool
Great Lakes Gelatin, the original and most trusted collagen supplier since 1922, has developed the purest form of Collagen Hydrolysate. Hydrolyzed collagen contains a higher amount of amino acids than other protein supplements and is the surest way to replenish collagen in skin, bones, and cartilage.
What does that mean for us?
- More protein! Collagen Hydrolysate contains higher protein content than other protein supplements
- Better focus! Collagen Hydrolysate improves concentration and promotes a sense of alertness
- Get that glow: Collagen Hydrolysate promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Get loose: Collagen Hydrolysate helps maintain flexible and healthy joints
And in honor of National Peanut Butter Day (today!), try our Double Protein PB which you can slather on toast, add to a smoothie, or even use to make a spicy peanut sauce.
Double Protein PB
Prep/make time: 5 minutes
- 1 scoop of Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate.
- 1.5 Tbsp of creamy, natural peanut butter (No added sugar and oils)
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tsp Coconut oil (optional)
- 1-2 Tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
Instructions: In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients until combined. Enjoy right away; Spread on toast or fresh fruit, add it to your morning smoothie or yogurt bowl.
Are you already adding collagen into your regular diet? How do you incorporate collagen into your meals? What benefits are you currently enjoying?
Are you ready to enjoy the benefits of adding Great Lakes Gelatin collagen products into your diet? Use the code GLGLife20 for 20% off Great Lakes Gelatin products (code expires March 16, 2018).
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Great Lakes Gelatin. All opinions are my own. I truly appreciate all the brands that support the Sweat Pink community!