If there’s one thing I love about the holidays, it’s the gathering of friends and family near and far. The holiday season has become a time, designated worldwide, for families to spend quality time together. We stop everything we do in our regular routines and focus on family and loved ones.
Families these days tend to be sprawled out across the country, even the world. So when the holiday season rolls in, it also signifies the busiest travel season of the year. We can look forward to more people than ever flooding the airport, long (did I mention LONG?) road trips, and everyone eager to get to their destination. You’re on the cusp of hunkering down to a relaxing holiday spent with family, but first, you must face the wrath that is getting there.
Traveling Must-Haves for Moms, Kids, and everyone in between.
Snacks for kids AND moms
Because who wants hanger and expensive airport food? And, if you’re driving, packing your own snacks can mean fewer pit stops and healthier options for you and your kids.
- RXBAR. This is everything I need in a bar: whole-food and delicious ingredients that keep you fueled. They are perfect on the go while you driving or flying high.
- Now the kiddos can enjoy RXBAR Kids. They contain the same core ingredients as all RXBARs: egg whites, fruits and nuts, but in kid-friendly flavors and portions. 100% clean and totally delicious. It’s convenience and health in a bar and when you’re traveling with kids, it will be your best bet to fight their hanger (and yours)!
- Popcorn. I also need a little salt while I travel, but don’t want anything too heavy. Popcorn is always the answer, for adults and kiddos alike.
- Nut butter. Protein and fats to keep you fueled for the long-haul. I carry Wild Friends single-serving nut butter packets with me on every trip. Tip: Try a combo with Chocolate Sea Salt RXBAR and Wild Friends Peanut Butter. You won’t be disappointed.
- Drink mixes. Hydration while traveling is key feeling awake and ready to take on the long road and to prevent dehydration while you’re up in the air. I carry Amazing Grass Superfood Effervescent tabs on my trips to add some lemon-lime AND superfood goodness to my water.
- Headphones. Get a little you-time in with a podcast or some tunes. Avoid the hassle of tangled wires while you travel and stick with these Bluetooth, wireless headphones.
- Water bottle. Hydrate. I can’t say this enough. Since BlogFest, we carry Takeya bottle wherever we go. They even have small sizes for kids!
- Kids cups/bags for snacks. Maintain your sanity with a little organization and ease of throwing snacks to hungry kiddos while you’re driving.
- WINE! This one is for flying or upon arrival ONLY. It’s a necessary part of traveling for us. You could also do a sparkling apple juice and sip on it with the kids!
These are my favorite takeaways from Brittany’s travel must-haves, but you can catch the entire rundown on the Facebook Live video below. Just click play and get ready to feel prepared for holiday traveling!
Do you travel a lot with your kids? What are your tips on how to prep for stress-free travel? Even if you’re not a mom, tell us how you prep for the busiest travel season of the year!
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished inRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in